Beverley Steward, an English teacher at St Mary’s College in Ponsonby, has been unable to work or walk for months, since an unleashed dog bowled her over on the North Shore. The Birkdale resident was running at Shepherds Park on the morning of September 26, when an unleashed dog collided with her as it was running to its owner, causing her to fall and suffer two fractures to her knee and shinbone. Steward is one of 9537 people so far this year who have been supported by ACC for dog-related injuries.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions