Police say they attended three shooting incidents on Saturday, two in south Auckland and one out west. This followed Counties Manukau police responding to reports of three incidents in Ōtara in which firearms were reportedly discharged on Friday afternoon. Work is underway to establish whether any or all of the incidents are connected. “While nobody was injured, police recognise this type of incident is of concern to our community and we take these reports very seriously and are investigating,” a spokesperson said.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor