A suburban Auckland property which is home to hundreds of rabbits is causing a stir with neighbours. Auckland Council was alerted to the situation two years ago after receiving multiple complaints about rabbits absconding from the fenced property in Mt Eden. While the owner tries to keep his rabbits enclosed with chicken wire and other scraps of mesh and stones, the animals escape their enclosure regularly. An Auckland Council investigation into the property is ongoing.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor