A suburban Auckland property which is home to hundreds of rabbits is causing a stir with neighbours. Auckland Council was alerted to the situation two years ago after receiving multiple complaints about rabbits absconding from the fenced property in Mt Eden. While the owner tries to keep his rabbits enclosed with chicken wire and other scraps of mesh and stones, the animals escape their enclosure regularly. An Auckland Council investigation into the property is ongoing.
- How accessible is Auckland? Terrain can be ‘daunting’ for people with disabilities
- Auckland radio station sold to prominent Destiny Church members
- Rookie finds real estate success with te ao Māori
- Local government elections: No confidence in dire voter turnout
- Police officer poses as window washer in Manurewa