A developer who built unsafe apartments in Auckland has been fined $80,750. John Liong Kiat Wong illegally turned a warehouse in the suburb of Eden Terrace into a building with offices, car parking and nine residential apartments. The fines related to four separate charges: carrying out illegal building work; continuing work in breach of a stop-work requirement; failing to obtain a compliance schedule relating to fire safety systems; and converting a building into accommodation without resource consent.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions