A developer who built unsafe apartments in Auckland has been fined $80,750. John Liong Kiat Wong illegally turned a warehouse in the suburb of Eden Terrace into a building with offices, car parking and nine residential apartments. The fines related to four separate charges: carrying out illegal building work; continuing work in breach of a stop-work requirement; failing to obtain a compliance schedule relating to fire safety systems; and converting a building into accommodation without resource consent.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor