Scott Hunter fears someone will be seriously injured if road safety improvements aren’t made, following a spate of crashes outside his Helensville home on Old North Road. He has purchased high vis vests, torches and beacons, and, along with neighbours, is on hand to help when a crash occurs. “So far we’ve not had an injury, but my biggest fear is that someone is going to get badly hurt here,” Hunter said. The frequency of crashes has picked up in the past four years, and Hunter estimated there had been at least 10 in the area since last Christmas.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions