Hundreds of people are living in cars in the middle of winter, 1news reports, with those working on the ground describing the situation as heart-breaking. At the end of 2017, 108 people said they lived in cars. July 2022 saw 480 people living in their vehicles. Meanwhile, Auckland City Mission – who usually gets about 15 calls per month regarding people sleeping rough – is now receiving about 15 calls per week.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’