Has New Zealand become an angry nation? asks NZ Herald. It’s becoming difficult to overlook the evidence suggesting that this might be the case. The month of May saw 109 gun crimes reported in Auckland, there’s been a 400% rise in ram raids and we’ve seen a string of random knife attacks. Organisational psychologist John Eatwell says it isn’t surprising to see an increase in displays of rage in the aftermath of the Covid-19 restrictions, which placed enormous stress on people around the world.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’