National is writing to the Auditor-General for an independent investigation into the scale of the cost of living payment issue, Newshub reveals, which has seen individuals offshore receive money intended to help Kiwis in Aotearoa struggling with rising prices. It also turns out just 1.32 million people have received the payment, fewer than the 2.1 million the Government said was estimated to be eligible for it.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’