A South Auckland social enterprise is turning food which would otherwise be thrown away, into cafe-quality meals, Newshub reports, in an effort to battle hunger in Aotearoa. Papatoetoe Food Hub sources the food from the local New World which is across the parking lot, as well as donations of produce from farmers and food outlets that have no use for it. The organisation has a strong belief in repurposing everything it gets. A food truck donated by fast food outlet The White Lady is now used as a kitchen and they have a hangi pit made from reclaimed wood.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’