Auckland bakery Sweet and Me started out as a stall at the Parnell markets, says RNZ, and picked up popularity with a crowd that barely knew about Pacific flavours. Fiji-born chef Bertrand Jang has worked around the Pacific and is now focused on creating a range of predominantly sweet baked goods and a few savoury items. The store, which will be three years old this year, has become so popular it is running at capacity.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’