Small inner city eateries serving street food and ethnic dishes are being included for the first time in the annual Restaurant Month celebration, NZ Herald reports. The annual initiative is meant to get people dining in the inner city, but usually it’s just upscale restaurants involved. Heart of the City interim chief executive Steve Armitage said the event next month was a way to support the hospitality sector, and an exciting way for people to experience the talent and cuisine available downtown.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’