A social housing provider says it is struggling to provide homes for families stuck in transitional housing, RNZ reports, after a government decision to cut funding for a rental scheme. In October, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development cut funding for the lease of existing private sector properties by organisations to get families out of temporary transitional housing. Monte Cecilia Housing Trust chief executive Bernie Smith said as a result there were a lot of families now stuck in limbo with nowhere to go.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’