A wet and windy week has had council arborists and contractors run off their feet, Auckland Council reports, responding to tree debris and damage, and checking on the region’s urban ngahere. “We have received more than 370 requests for tree work since Saturday 11 June,” says Regional Arboriculture and Ecology Manager David Stejskal. “More than a third of these classed as critical.” Severe weather events present a significant challenge for tree stability and even the strongest specimens can be affected.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’