Tiny towns with lots of space are attracting big smoke industrialists, Stuff reports. Migration out of Auckland into the wider Waikato Region is a “very smart move” for businesses, Waikato Chamber of Commerce chief executive Don Good said. “The economics stack up. The cost of building in Auckland is ridiculous and even finding the land in Auckland these days is near impossible,” says one business owner.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’