West Auckland floods last August have left a couple unable to drive to their home and saying emergency services can’t access their place, NZ Herald reports. Waitakere couple Jim Rafferty and Linda Storey can no longer drive to their home after a massive slip on a private driveway which washed away a 75m strip, creating an almost vertical 15m drop below. The Earthquake Commission covers landslips but Rafferty said it would not cover this one.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’