Food Together’s nationwide food co-op services offers fruit and vegetables at cost price, says The Spinoff. In a former Avondale funeral home, an experiment is underway – the start of a food co-op, one of Auckland’s first. “With the cost of living, and the pandemic hangover, we’ve noticed a lot of working families can’t afford fresh fruit and vegetables,” says Jaclyn Bonnici, the executive director of I Love Avondale, a not-for-profit community group.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’