Ruru, Auckland Council’s conservation information system has again won national recognition for use of geospatial technology, this time at the 2021 ALGIM awards (Association for Local Government Information Management) where it won the Geospatial Project of the Year Award. Ruru allows staff and contractors to update datasets in real time as pest control work and ecological surveys are undertaken, using field apps and desktop tools.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’