Police say they have no tolerance for gun violence after a rash of shootings in Auckland in recent weeks, RNZ reports. While the police are not confirming who is behind all the incidents there has been a ramping up in gang tensions. Police are in the middle of a major crackdown on gang violence this month. They say they know the shootings are extremely distressing, and want to reassure people that officers will continue to be a visible presence in communities.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’