A new special care baby unit (SCBU) has opened at Waitākere Hospital, which features sleeping spaces for parents, Stuff reports. The old unit at the hospital had nowhere for parents or caregivers and families to stay overnight. Waitematā DHB CEO Dr Dale Bramley said providing these options was “incredibly important” during the first few days of a baby’s life. The SCBU will provide care for up to 18 babies who were born at 32 weeks gestation or more and needed specialised care.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’