Auckland’s Middlemore Hospital is dealing with a surge in influenza cases, RNZ reports. Counties Manukau DHB acting chief executive Pete Watson said staff absentees due to illness were “really challenging and difficult” and Auckland DHBs were working together to manage demand and capacity. Catching up on planned care would take a significant amount of time because the DHB was now dealing with a surge in winter illness, he added.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’