Aotearoa ranks among the top 10 countries for meat consumption in the OECD, Stuff reports. It also has one of the highest bowel cancer rates in the world. The truth is we don’t need to eat red meat for health, but we don’t have to give it up entirely either. The World Cancer Research Fund recommends if we do eat meat, we keep it to about 350-500g cooked weight a week. This post was written with expert advice from Massey University professor John Potter and Auckland University nutritional epidemiologist Dr Kathryn Bradbury.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’