Social worker Ngatuakana Kino responds to cases of elder abuse in west Auckland and says the problem is getting worse, Stuff reveals. Since 2019, Vaka Tautua, a national Pacific health provider, has dealt with 147 cases of elder abuse, with data showing a steady increase. Age Concern Auckland chief executive Kevin Lamb says he has received around 825 referrals for elder abuse cases in the last 12 months. Minister for Seniors Ayesha Verrall said the Government is “firmly committed” to promoting a society where older people are valued.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’