New Zealand is known for its cold homes, Newshub reports. And as winter bites, calls are growing for more support for those who cannot keep warm. Charities say more and more people are struggling to pay their power bills, and the winter energy payment and cost of living payment are falling short. “We either pay in increased hospitalisations and GP visits or we try and help people stay healthy,” researcher Dr Caroline Shorter said.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’