Tui, Auckland Council’s first biosecurity dog is sadly no more. For 13 years, a long time in dog years, this Foxy-Jack Russell terrier was part of the conservation dog programme and spent her life sniffing out rodents who threatened our native species. Tui was part of the Million Dollar Mouse project team who in 2018 travelled to the sub-Antarctic Antipodes Islands, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to confirm the 2016 bait drop had been successful and the island was finally “mouse free”.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’