Auckland mayoral candidate Craig Lord believes the city’s transport agency is deliberately creating congestion, Stuff reports, as a means of getting people out of their cars. Lord also took issue with Auckland Council accepting around $500 million in the government-mandated Three Waters reform. “Given Auckland Council has no legal ability to prevent the reform, Mr Lord should explain to Aucklanders why he would refuse hundreds of millions of dollars of government funding,” said Goff, who retires in October.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’