A Consumer NZ investigation has found that some retailers are dumping small appliances with minor faults directly into landfill, even when nearly new, Newshub reveals. The organisation said that’s not acceptable, particularly given Aotearoa’s poor track record with electronic waste. New Zealand has one of the highest per capita e-waste rates per person and is the only country in the OECD without a national e-waste scheme.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’