Almost 1000 Auckland households started Wednesday without internet after a fibre feeder cable was chewed by rats, Newshub reports. Broadband was out for 969 homes across Te Atatū in west Auckland since just after 5pm on Tuesday. Technicians found the damage was caused by rodents chewing through the armoured coating of the cables and then the fibres.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor