The Jillion 2 is a terrific new compendium of stories, poems and pictures by New Zealand children. Described as a “treasury of our kids’ voices and stories and art” and “beautifully put together”, The Spinoff shares an excerpt from “The day the Queen came to Birkenhead KFC” – a short story written by Annabel June Barlow, with pictures by Ruby Santos-Jackson.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’