A North Island rest home has sent a begging letter to residents and their families offering a $500 gift card to anyone who can find a nurse to work there, amid nation-wide nursing shortages. Enliven Central general manager Nicola Turner told RNZ they were desperate for nurses but were not getting applications through traditional advertising. “We’ve got to think of any creative ideas that we can to encourage people to apply for our positions,” Turner said.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’