Members of Auckland’s Māngere Bridge community are devastated after two beloved Shetland ponies – Meg and Duke – were killed overnight, Stuff reports. The incident comes just two months after a dog attack which left Meg with injuries to her side and front legs. “We’re all animal-minded people and we really care about them,” said one community member. Another local said she hoped there would be more awareness of roaming dogs in the Māngere Bridge area after the incident.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor