The family of the Mt Albert homicide victim have released a heartbreaking statement in an effort to gain more information for the police investigation, Newshub reports. On Tuesday 25-year-old Thomas Coombes – a builder, volunteer firefighter and UofA student – was found dead in Roy Clements Treeways, Mount Albert. On Thursday police launched a homicide investigation and on Saturday his alleged killer was caught. The man has been charged with murder and will appear in Auckland District Court on Monday.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’