Auckland mayoral candidate Leo Molloy is promising a ratepayer-funded downtown police station to protect Aucklanders in the fight against growing crime, NZ Herald reports. Molloy said if he becomes mayor in October, he will seek support from the 20 councillors and if they don’t support him he will pay for the police station out of the mayoral office budget. The former downtown police station in Fort St closed in 2013.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’