A West Auckland cop who recently left the force says gun violence is becoming the “norm” and some officers’ anxiety is going “through the roof”. The former officer, who was only on the force for four years, told the Herald’s In the Loop podcast that “gun jobs” had increased during his time on the beat. Earlier this year the Herald revealed police carrying out their duties had come across more than 10,000 firearms in the past three years. That data showed police were averaging about 10 firearms each day.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’