An Auckland family had their rainbow letterbox taken by property developers, who they say claimed it was because it was “ugly”. The rainbow-coloured letterbox – shared with by neighboursin West Auckland’s Sunnyvale – was painted in the 2020 Covid-19 lockdown, Stuff reports. “Our kids and all their friends loved walking past it.” A spokesperson for the development company emailed the project manager to find out more, and found they had removed it.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’