More detail has emerged about the Government’s scrap-and-replace scheme for old gas guzzlers, Newshub reports, including who is eligible. But questions remain over whether the electricity grid will cope if everyone tries to charge their car at the same time on a cold night. While the Government is working to win over the Parliament on its plan to reduce emissions, it’s already got the support of energy sector experts who say New Zealand is well-placed to meet renewable energy demand.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’