Old tyres saved from landfills are being turned into pet beds, Daily Encourager reveals, largely thanks to Covid lockdowns and an enthusiastic group of Auckland students. Not only has the initiative spread throughout New Zealand but more helpers are needed to run the not-for-profit company because the founding students have moved on to tertiary studies. The innovative Paws for a Cause began mid-2020 as a Rangitoto College Young Enterprise Scheme to help families struggling to provide for their pets.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor