An Auckland landlord has been ordered to pay $3000 to a tenant over a gas leak in a child’s bedroom that was left unfixed, Stuff reports. The tenant, whose name is suppressed, had told her landlord she could smell gas in her daughter’s room in her Pakuranga rental. The tenant claimed her daughter would wake in a lethargic state and required medical consultations. However, it wasn’t until over a week later that the leak was assessed – after the tenant had gone ahead and contacted Vector herself.

Sunnyside-Clear-Roofing-Banner-Ad