Statistics New Zealand senior manager Aaron Beck does not paint a rosy picture of how much more shoppers are being stung at the checkout for fruit and vegetables, Newshub reveals. “Fruit and vegetables increased most over the year, they increased by 18 percent, tomatoes too, all by more than 50% over the year,” he said. Vegetables New Zealand chair John Murphy agreed all growers were facing high prices of fuel, fertiliser, and staff costs.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor