Second-time Auckland mayoral contender Craig Lord wants the council he would lead to define the “core business” it should stick to, Stuff reports – but he won’t say what he thinks needs to be dropped. The engineer-turned-media-freelancer doesn’t believe a mayoral candidate should have detailed policy, but should be ready to listen to Aucklanders and what they want. Lord has no political experience and describes himself as pragmatic.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor