An Auckland man found guilty of threatening to kill Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and her family has been sentenced to 12 months’ imprisonment, Stuff reveals. Michael Christopher Cruickshank previously denied sending three emails on January 21, 2020 having already sent 89 emails between October 2019 and January 2020. Men are the worst Kiwi offenders for online abuse and harassment. In 2017-18 year, 91% of the 53 people convicted for an offence under the Harmful Digital Communications Act were men.
- Crocodiles splash down in ‘swamp forest’: $62m Auckland Zoo revamp complete
- Long ferry queues worry Waiheke businesses for summer tourist season
- What to do during Labour Weekend in Auckland
- Police arrest 15 young people after driver incidents across Auckland
- PM Jacinda Ardern meets with new Auckland mayor