Fire and Emergency NZ has announced a restricted fire season, Auckland Council reports. The change occurred at 8am, Monday 10 January, and Fire and Emergency NZ Auckland Region Manager Ron Devlin says hot and dry conditions around the area over the holiday period have increased the fire risk. “A restricted fire season means anyone planning on lighting an open-air fire will need a permit.” Visit Fire and Emergency’s website checkitsalright.nz for details.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday