The nervous wait is over for an Auckland woman who rode the bus to claim her $17.2 million winnings, Newshub reveals. “I was sitting on the bus saying to myself ‘keep it cool, keep it cool’ but I was looking around me thinking ‘I’m sitting here with a $17 million ticket,'” the winner said in a statement. The woman kept the winning ticket in a safe place for two weeks while she waited for Lotto NZ’s Auckland head office to reopen in the new year.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday