A communication breakdown between Auckland community groups and the local board has seen 3450 hours of volunteer hours going to waste, Stuff reveals, with thousands of newly planted trees being mowed down by the city council. The tree-planting project at Sanders Reserve was initially organised by Sustainable Paremoremo, which oversaw a community initiative to see native trees planted. Chair Deane Tuck feels aggrieved the board acted so quickly to mow the trees without local consultation.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday