Two teenagers have been arrested after an Auckland police officer was left seriously injured in an alleged hit-and-run, Stuff reports. The police officer suffered serious injuries while trying to stop a fleeing driver in New Lynn on November 28 after responding to a burglary at a Great North Rd address. The officer had serious injuries, was taken to Auckland Hospital and underwent surgery and further medical treatment in hospital.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday