NZ Herald reports Parliament has adjourned for the year with Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern wishing all New Zealanders a wonderful break. “You bloody deserve it!” Ardern said. The House broke into applause when she announced that 90% of New Zealand’s eligible population had been double-vaccinated against Covid-19 – although at the time it was officially 89.82% which she acknowledged. She said New Zealand not only had the lowest level of hospitalisation and death rate in the OECD, it was among one of only three countries to see life expectancy rise during the pandemic.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday