Counties Manukau Health is reporting a spike in people coming to Middlemore Hospital’s emergency department as a result of the easing of Covid-19 restrictions, RNZ reveals. Counties Manukau Health says it has enacted special escalation plans, including cancelling elective surgery, to deal with the surge. Clinical director Dr Vanessa Thornton said they have seen a 30% increase in patient numbers from eight weeks ago.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday