Auckland continues to grow upwards, according to the latest building consent data revealed in Auckland Council’s Development Strategy Monitoring Report. Mayor Phil Goff says the report shows the Auckland Unitary Plan is enabling more housing growth in the right places. “Auckland consented just over 19,000 dwellings in 2020/2021, a massive 88% increase on 2016/2017, the first year of the Unitary Plan,” he said.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday