Auckland Council have earmarked $1.2 million to support the success of a Hauraki Gulf seaweed pilot farm project. If successful, it will scale up regenerative ocean farming and create numerous environmentally sustainable jobs in the region. “Experience overseas indicates that seaweed farming has a number of environmental benefits including removing carbon emissions from the atmosphere and helping to improve water quality by absorbing contaminants,” says Mayor Phil Goff.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday