Wednesday was the first day in nearly four months that people have been allowed to travel into or out of Auckland without an exemption, after the Delta outbreak triggered a lockdown, RNZ reports. Roadside cafés along the roads out of Auckland are hoping the border reopening will provide a much-needed boost to their business. Shameel Rauf, a sales manager from Hamilton, said he was happy that things have opened up for Aucklanders who have had a tough time.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday