Newsroom reports on a discussion as to why South Seas’ village model approach, employed in the South Auckland Delta outbreak, should be adopted for Pacific communities across Aotearoa. South Seas Healthcare Trust, a major Pacific health provider, entered into a contractual arrangement to support the Pacific households affected by the outbreak and instigated a ‘village model’ approach to support those affected. It’s believed that one of the keys to the successful response to Delta in Pacific peoples included a new approach based on Pacific strengths.
- Ōrakei kaumātua return home, decades after settlement was razed by the Crown
- Family’s lucky escape as truck crashes into West Auckland home
- Waiheke marina: Protectors hīkoi to High Court at Auckland for injunction hearing
- Three Auckland nightclubs listed as ‘close contact’ locations of interest
- Non-perishables being collected in Auckland for Tonga from Friday